Tuesday, November 5, 2019

what matters


Tuesday, November 5, 2019 (5:07 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Sleep happened again. As did more singing.

♪Through it all Through it all My eyes are on You Through it all Through it all It Is Well♪ Yes Blessed God. Through it all, no matter what “it” may be, my eyes ARE on You. Sometimes a little quicker than others.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the many times the songs aren’t planned. When they are just here with me. Prerecorded in my soul.

Thank You too for the readiness with which the internal music just begins singing to me. And especially when the identification comes easily.

The way this morning’s tune continued to build with intensity had me more than a little confused as I didn’t recognize where it fit in. Until now.

♪So let go my soul and trust in Him♪ Indeed! Let go my soul. And trust in Him. Yes! Blessed Father this is what I long to do on a regular basis. Let go. And trust. You!

Turning in Your Word much earlier this morning You spoke to me again. Much like You did over twenty years ago.

Back then was when You used Philippians 1:9 in The Message to give me a key to my relationship with my brother. “So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush.”

That was the exact moment when I realized as much as I loved others, I did not love well. Over two decades later You continue Your work in teaching me what Your love truly is and what it is not (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). Holy God, I love You so very much.

This morning it is again The Message [the exact same Bible as before] speaking to my being. Galatians 5. Oh Your goodness Blessed God, there is so much here! This could easily take the rest of my life to learn.

Verse 1. “Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.”

As the apostle Paul continued in his exhortation of “THE LIFE OF FREEDOM”, verse 6 tells us “For in Christ… What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love.”

Lord God, Your Message to us is filled with Your love and guidance. Continue Your work in teaching me to live and use it as You originally designed.

Reading down to verse 13, “It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don’t use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that’s how freedom grows.”

Yes Father. Teach me. Grow me.

Now to the verses (22-23) that started this whole discourse all those hours ago. I’m so familiar with reciting them from The Life Recovery Bible that I was once again deeply shocked by The Message rendition.

“But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law” (The Living Bible).

And here is the “Aha!” I received earlier. “But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others [love], exuberance about life [joy], serenity [peace]. We develop a willingness to stick with things [patience], a sense of compassion in the heart [kindness], and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people [goodness]. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments [faithfulness], not needing to force our way in life [gentleness], able to marshal and direct our energies wisely [self-control].”

Holiest God, You spell out Your will for us. Repeatedly. Infuse me with all that is necessary in helping me become the woman You created me to be. One who “is clothed with strength and dignity, and laughs with no fear of the future” (Proverbs 31:25).

Father God, I long to live this day in You. With You. By, through and for You. Do all You must that I will truly ♪let go my soul and trust in Him♪

Yes! Please Father. All You must that I will know and do what matters this day. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(779 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment