Tuesday, November 19, 2019

right hand


Monday, November 18, 2019 (6:48 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I am asking for Your magic Lord. Yes. Your mercy and grace in Christ. Oh yes Blessed God. All mercy and grace in Christ’s abiding love.

I turn to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Your safe and loving arms.

Blessed Father God, thank You for loving us. Thank You for holding tightly to my right hand.
(8:02 a.m.)

After much time spent searching many verses Father I pause for some heartfelt honesty. I have been attempting to calm the fearful spirit that continues showing itself. I don’t want to keep hiding my head in the sand here Lord.

There are some pretty serious things surrounding us. Health. Legal issues. More travel. Unfamiliar responsibilities. Many intense feelings of doubt. HOPE. Fear. FAITH. Wavering thoughts. STANDING FIRM on Your Word.

I come to You Father. Trusting. Believing. Hoping. Loving. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. You know Your plans for us. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

Here I confess to sliding back into fearfulness Father. There for quite awhile I was riding the crest of HOPEfulness. All looked bright and sunny. So many things falling into the places I wanted them.

Enter the dreaded “what if…” What if this, that or something else happens? I know I am safe in Your care. I trust. I believe. And then…

James (1:2-8) wrote to the Jewish believers warning of our tendency to hesitate between doubt and belief. Father I am confessing to being there right now.

“They can’t make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do” (v. 8).

Forsaking All I Trust Him [FAITH]. Fear. Trust. Doubt.

Oh yeah. Breathe! Deeply. Fully. Trusting. Believing.

Father, I love You. And even in Your Word I am going back and forth wondering what it all means. Isaiah 41:10 tells us “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”

And verse 13? “I am holding you by your right hand - I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I am here to help you.’”

Whose right hand Lord? Yours or mine? And does it even matter?

Let me put my focus back on YOU, Lord. Not the distractions. Not the what if’s. Let me instead remember what IS. You! “God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good.” Yes Father.

There’s the magic I’m seeking. Mercy and grace in Christ. Your Truth. Your promises.

I don’t understand them. And I want them all the same. 2 John 1:3. “May grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God our Father and from Jesus Christ His Son, be with us who live in truth and love.”

Yes Father. I live in Truth and love. Not fear and despair. Strengthen me with Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). I need You. I need Your armor so I will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the devil” (11).

Yes, yes, yes Father! Keep me alert that I will “pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Alert and persistent in the prayers for all Christians everywhere (v. 18).

Yes Lord. Please yes! Let the power of Your Holy Spirit turn these scrambled offerings into the prayers You can receive.

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will” (Romans 8:26-27).

Yes Father. Your own will.

How I ask that the outcome for the prayers of my fearful heart be in harmony with Your own will! I love You. I fully esteem and revere You.

And You just keep lifting me up. Every single time I start to fall back down. Right hands?

The tears are falling freely now. I know You. I trust You. I believe You. I need You. And how is it that I keep being afraid?

I don’t trust others. I don’t open up. I keep it all inside. And even then You settle me. Allowing me to breathe in Your comfort. Your power. Your strength.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You.

“I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are discouraged take heart. Come, let us tell of the LORD’s greatness; let us exalt His name together. I prayed to the LORD, and He answered me, freeing me from all fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. I cried out to the LORD in my suffering, and He heard me. He set me free from all my fears. For the angel of the LORD guards all who fear Him, and He rescues them” (Psalm 34:1-7).

Oh yes Blessed Father. Rescue us with Your glorious right hand.

“I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You through the night. I think how You have helped me; I sing for joy in the shadow of Your protecting wings. I follow close behind You; Your strong right hand holds me securely” (Psalm 63:6-8).

Hallelujah! Praise You Jesus. Strengthen, empower, and hold me.

love You God. I need You. I trust You. And I ask You to provide my every single need this day. Thank You Father. Amen.
(988 words ~ 10:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment