Saturday, November 30, 2019

anything but


Thursday, November 28, 2019 (6:47 a.m.)
Cruising north toward Long Beach, CA
Deck 10 Aft

It’s Thanksgiving Day. And right now, I am feeling anything but.

Here before You Father, I’m asking You to change my attitude. Do all You must to align me with Your will. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. And my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31).
(7:00 a.m.)
Most Holy One,

Thank You that I get to come to You in frustration. Despair. Delight. It doesn’t matter what our condition. Only that we come (Isaiah 1:18). Thank You Lord and Father.

Reading in Your Word. Breathing in the freshness to life that You provide.

“Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it. Trusting that You make all things right - if I surrender to Your will - [my emphasis] So that I will be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next” (Original Serenity Prayer).

Yes Lord!

“God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”

Grace. Serenity. Courage. Wisdom.

“Living one day at a time. Enjoying one moment at a time. Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.”

Living. Enjoying. Accepting. Yes please Father. Yes.

“ARGH!” at the top of my lungs. “Always Revere God’s Holiness!” Yes! You are good. Always!

Irritants come and go. Your Truth lasts forever. Jesus’ teachings to His disciples live to this very day.

According to The Life Recovery Bible comment concerning The Most Important Commandment, “He summed up the numerous Jewish laws in two simple but profound commandments: Love God totally and love others as much as we love ourself.”

Do Your will in me Lord. Empower. And embolden me in truly giving You thanks this day.

I love You, Father. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to shine Your everlasting love light in, with, by, through and for each of us this very unique Thanksgiving Day.

Thank You. Do everything You must in us all. Amen.

(362 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment