Monday, November 18, 2019

scattered tools


Wednesday, November 13, 2019 (6:07 a.m.)
Cruising South to San Diego, CA
Royal Princess
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You Father. You just reminded me…

You’ve given me tools. And gifts. And challenges. And triumphs. And I recently rather abruptly scattered those tools. All over the place. Not only did I not use them safely and to the good of others, I actually forgot I even had them.

Father, You have definitely been teaching me the importance of calm, effective, loving, honest communication. I failed yesterday. I forgot to use properly the tools You have been providing. Forgive me I pray.

Thank You for the opportunity and privilege of singing with You again just now. ♪You make me brave… You call me out beyond the shore into the waves… No fear can hinder now the love that made a way♪

The love that made a way. ♪Where there seems to be no way♪ You work in ways we cannot see. You definitely make a way for every single one of us. And the onus on us? To choose Your way!

Yes. You give us “the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses” (Deuteronomy 30:19). “I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!”

I didn’t choose blessings last night Father. I chose curses.

Rather than remembering and being drawn to the gift of life You had given me yesterday, I chose to waste it on annoyance, irritation and hurt feelings. Forgive me Father.

Just as last month, You gave us glimpses of vibrant colors and spectacular vistas. Yesterday it was a flock of sandpipers working diligently at the edge of the Pacific Ocean.

Father, thank You. Thank You for the smile I experienced as I not only watched but also heard them running to and fro. Just close enough to the ebb and flow of the tide. A gift Father. Another genuine, authentic example of Your glory. And I wasted it.

Last night, when I could have just as easily chosen to ‘fix my thoughts on what is true and honorable and right’ (Philippians 4:8) I chose hurt instead. And wall building. Again.

Blessed God, I am asking You to use my most recent mistakes in teaching me the very fine art of forgiveness. Enable and empower me in working to rid myself of the passive-aggressive tendencies toward which I naturally gravitate.

Father I love You. And here I am ‘humbly asking You to remove my shortcomings’ (Step 7 of 12). As far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). You are such a good and holy God. Thank You Father.

Keep teaching me the importance of properly utilizing the tools You provide us each and every day. Not carelessly scattering them as pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6b).

Father God, You provide us so many blessings and opportunities. Let me not waste them again Lord. I love You. I need You. Use me exactly as You know is best.

♪As Your love, in wave after wave Crashes over me, crashes over me For You are for us You are not against us… You make me brave… You call me out beyond the shore into the waves… No fear can hinder now the love that made a way♪

I love You Father. Use me. Thank You. Amen.
(572 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment