Tuesday, November 19, 2019

so much stuff


Tuesday, November 19, 2019 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

There’s stuff. So many variables. Always something. Plain and simple, there’s just so much stuff.

Yes Lord. Physical stuff. Emotional stuff. All the ‘what ifs’ and ‘what abouts’. And let’s not forget, the ‘now this’s that abound and surround us.

Thank You that You not only abound and surround, You pervade [spread through and are perceived in every part of] us. Holy God, thank You.

Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your being. Thank You for Your love.

Yes Lord. You permeate, penetrate, fill, flow through and saturate us with all You are. All the nooks and crannies of our being are brought out into Your glorious healing light.

That is exactly what I am asking for this day Lord. Your bright and glorious healing light to shine deeply into our darkest hurts and needs. You know what they are Father. Far more than we do.

How I rejoice and am truly delighted as I come back into Your Word. The morning has been filled with songs and Bible verses. Seeking guidance. Comfort. Strength. Rest. The concerns of my heart spread open before You. Friends. Family. Loved ones. Strangers. You know what You’re doing. You’ve got this.

I’ve been making the concerted effort of surrendering all to You this morning. Isn’t that quite the contradiction? Trying really hard to give it all up. Lord, You intrigue me.

Thoughts. Hopes. Prayers. Beseechings. All geared toward trusting You Father.

See? Even here You’ve got me!

I think of the struggle of surrender. The growth that comes from struggling. The hope and Truth and guidance we find in Your Word. I bring it back to Jesus’ words (John 16:33) and Paul’s warnings (1 Peter 5:8).

It seems quite the dance. Fear. FAITH. Shifting. Standing. Taking hold. Letting go. You’ve got this Father. All of it. You lead. I’ll follow!

Thank You. Yes Thank You God.

John 16:33. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows [read: ‘so much stuff’]. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” Yes! Hallelujah. Thank You Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7-9a. “Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you. Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in Your faith.”

Oh, yes please Lord!

According to The Life Recovery Bible’s introduction to this letter, “Peter’s audience was made up of hurting people.” And its PURPOSE? “To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world.”

Yes Father. Please. Show me how to live well this day. Loving. Forgiving. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm. And surrendering. Completely. To Your will and to Your way.

Holy God, do all You must in, with, by, through and for all this stuff I bring to You this morning. You are Lord of all. In this world we will have many trials and sorrows. And You are the God who turns mourning into dancing (Psalm 30:11).

This is my prayer this morning Lord. Do all You know is best. I love You. I trust You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Oh Lord God how I thank You. Amen.
(587 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment