Thursday, January 24, 2019

triggered to prayer


Thursday, January 24, 2019 (6:19 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Yesterday I asked for Your help in finishing a long overdue project. You honed my focus to completion. And I am so grateful. Thank You God.

With that said, let me ask You to guide our time together this morning. Yes. So many directions we could take. Spreading joy. Giving up control. Triggered to prayer (Philippians 1:4a, The Message). Which way shall I turn?

As I sit here with the most contented smile of wonder on my face I recognize it beaming within me as well. Father, I truly rejoice in Your presence this morning. The verses I am coming across keep pointing me back to Your power.

Psalm 7:11-13 (The Message) reminds us “Nobody gets by with anything. God is already in action - Sword honed on His whetstone, bow strung, arrow on the string. Lethal weapons in hand, each arrow a flaming missile.”

Father, there are so many times I look out at circumstances and feel completely overwhelmed. It is only when we come before You humbled and meek that we experience Your power. Thank You Father.

There was a time I believed I needed to have all the answers. I was so sure I knew what was best for everything. Thank You for the many ways You have shown me that that is not the case.

I am to come to You on behalf of others and myself. Asking Your direction. Seeking Your will. Knocking on Your door of blessings. Father, how I ask You now to hone my prayer skill (Matthew 7:7).

I love praying to You. I confess to often not feeling confident in my efforts. And then there are the times that the requests and hoped for answers seem to just flow.

Father, I love You. I love spending time with You. I love learning to ask, seek and knock.

Be here with me this morning as I seek to follow Your direction. There is such tremendous need in the world. And here You are, poised to meet every single one of them (Philippians 4:19).

I tell You, start to finish, I keep being directed to “PHILIPPIANS The Sharing of Christian Joy” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). It seems that all thoughts this morning trace back to Paul’s encouraging words to the believers in Philippi.

Father how I long to be an encourager. One who is triggered [caused to function] to prayer on behalf of others. You are so good. You absolutely know what is best. It is on Your Truth and promises I ask to stand.

‘Let my roots grow down into Jesus, drawing up nourishment from Him, so I will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth I am being taught. Let my life overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done’ that I will “continue to live in obedience to Him” (Colossians 2:7; 6b).

It is Your power at work in us that fills us with joy and thanksgiving. Empower, embolden, enable me to share that power with others. Readily. Willingly. Often. Always. Your power. Your strength. Coursing through me. Triggering me to prayer.

Thank You Father. I love You. Use me exactly as You know is best this day. Thank You. Amen.
(551 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment