Friday, January 11, 2019

this day


Friday, January 11, 2019 (5:50 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. It’s early. Sleep was interrupted. Often. Guide me this morning. This day.

Yes. This day which You have made. The one in which I will rejoice and be glad (Psalm 118:24). Mm. Yes.

With that Truth comes a smile. A sense of well being. Thank You Father.

Deep breath. Big smile. Grateful heart. Yes Father, this day.

Thank You that I get to turn to so many different versions of Psalm 118:24. All at one time.

You never cease to amaze me Father. I look to You. Thinking we’ll go together in one direction. Next thing I know, “Whoosh!” we’re some place else entirely.

Rejoicing and being glad. Celebrating. Being happy. Festive. Joyful. Full of joy. 

“This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee” (The Passion Translation). Glee? Delight. Pleasure. Mirth. Merriment. Amusement. Excitement. Gaiety. Theses are not words that usually describe me.

Looking further into Your Word, I find this one important word difference in Lexham English Bible. Other versions refer to the day, LEB says, “This is the day Yahweh has worked; let us rejoice and be glad in Him.” Hm… Not just the day ~ YOU!

Yes Father. I long to rejoice and be glad in You! Celebrating, being happy in You.

I love You Father. I long to be the woman You would have me be. Do all You must. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(253 words ~ 8:09a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment