Saturday, January 5, 2019

21 DAY FAST


Saturday, January 5, 2018 (7:54 a.m.)
Holy God,

One step forward, three steps back. We start to make progress and then “BAM!” feelings get hurt again.

Avoidance is definitely not a good look on me. Nor does it work out well.

Here I am again confessing withdrawing. Standing off. Not getting too close.

AND… “Hallelujah, Jesus!” ing.

Yes. I’ve stepped back. Again! And in so doing I was able to identify the feeling I’ve been dealing with is blame. Thank You Father.

Thank You for using this 21 DAY FAST to remind me to actually look at what is going on with me.

So here I am. Once again turning to Your Word. Thank You Father. Lead, guide and direct me in Your Truth.

Finger Pointing Matthew 7:1-5”. There seems to be a lot of that going on around here. “Don’t Condemn Others”. That’s important. Speak to me please.
(10:12 a.m.)

With all the tears I have shed these past several days I find it almost hilarious [if it weren’t so darned sad] that I tend to condemn myself so much more than I do others. Even here Dearest Dad, speak to my heart. Please?

And You do! Thank You Father.

Reading just one section above I take comfort in believing Matthew 6:32b-34, “Your heavenly Father already knows your needs, and He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”

Thank You Father. The Life Recovery Bible for this section begins with a 12 Step theme. “Living one day at a time is a discipline we all have to focus on when we are in recovery.” I forget these things so often.

Referring to Your mercies beginning fresh every day (Lamentations 3:22-23) this Serenity Prayer Devotional goes on to say, “Since God’s grace comes in daily doses, that’s the best way to face life.” Thank You God.

“We need to ask ourself at every turn in life, Am I accepting this present moment, or am I pretending - trying to escape into the past or the future? Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day. The psalmist wrote, ‘This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it’ (Psalm 118:24). We, too, can choose to find joy, strength, and sanity when we accept each day’s realities.”

Oh, hallelujah, thank You Jesus! You have calmed my heart. And my soul. There’s even a smile replacing the tears. Thank You. Your Word is Truth. I am grateful.

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. Guide and direct me to Your good and to Your glory. To living one day of a time. Finding joy, strength and sanity while accepting each day’s realities. Yes please Father. Yes.

Thank You. Use me. I love You. Amen.
(517 words ~ 11:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment