Thursday, January 17, 2019

real love


Thursday, January 17, 2019 (6:06 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You. Talk with me this morning about loving as You would have us love.

Mm, yes Father. Talk with me about Your real love.

I search and read Your Word. Every turn of the page leads me to more Truth. Thank You Father. There is power and hope found in these pages. And where does this power and hope begin? In obedience to You and Your commands.

Again I am thanking You for the struggle I experienced much earlier this month. Closing out last year with the bitterness and unforgiveness I refused to release taught me so much about the power of Your love and Truth.

You command us to love (John 13:34-35). Forgive. Obey. And You provide us the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-21) to do in and with us all that we are unable on our own.

Love. Forgiveness. Obedience. Seemingly simple words. Impossible on our own. Completely doable in, with, by, through and for You. Your Spirit. Your Truth. Your power. Your strength. Not by ourselves.

Most Holy God, I have tried on my own. Willing myself to obedience. And on the complete opposite of the spectrum, refusing to budge. Nursing the grudges that absolutely cut me off from Your healing, real love.

Oh most Blessed God, how I thank You for the power and hope that come from knowing, trusting and believing in Your real and restorative love. Thank You for the struggles that help us grow our dependence on You.

This morning I ask You to keep working in me. Continue teaching me. Doing all You must in growing me into the woman you would have me be. Loving. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Kind. Good. Faithful. Gentle. And self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23).

I love You Father. And I want to love as You would have me love. Completely. Through the power of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(328 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment