Saturday, January 19, 2019

recovery


Saturday, January 19, 2019 (6:39 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. I get to be here with You again.

There are so many thoughts and directions out there. Ideas. Interests. Father, I am again seeking Your Truth. Promises. Goals.

And it’s back to Your Truth I turn again. Father, thank You.

We live in a world filled with deceit. Even this is not news to You. How grateful I am that You know all! Thank You for continuing to point to Your Truth. Again and again. Time after time.
(7:52 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You that every thought I have can be brought to You. I search Your Word. Am reminded of the importance of knowing Your Truth (John 8:32). And learn of deceptions of old (Jeremiah 9:6).

The more I read of the importance of honesty and obedience (Deuteronomy 28) I find myself smiling. Most unexpectedly. The Life Recovery Bible comment for 28:66-67 discusses “a life devoid of satisfaction.” Here we are reminded “There is no lasting satisfaction outside of a real relationship with God and obedience to His will.”

All this brings me once more to the hope found only in Your Word. John 8:32. The Passion Translation. “For if you embrace the truth, it will release more freedom into your lives.” This I truly long for.

Truth. In You. With You. By You. Through You. For You.

Your Truth “as a standard for our moral inventory” allows us to “recognize and confess our needs and struggles, our sins and addiction.” To You. 

“As we confess these to God, ourself and to at least one other person, we share the truth about our life. When we turn our broken life over to God, who alone can make us whole, we are again acknowledging the truth. These different applications of the truth can combine to set us free from sinful habits, chemical dependencies, and emotional bondage” (John 8:31-36).

Reading and hoping in Your Word speaks loudly to me. A devotional entitled Honesty (John 8:30-36) ends by telling us, “The spiritual forces that sway our life have roots in either truth or deceit. Truth leads to freedom; deceit leads to bondage and death. Denial is a lie that keeps us in slavery. When we are slave to our addictions, we lose the right to choose any other way of life. It is only when we break the cycle of denial, when we become brutally honest about our bondage, that there is any chance for real freedom.”

Real freedom. Recovery. Life in, with, by, through and for You. Do all You must in leading, guiding and directing me to being obedient to Your Truth.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(461 words ~ 9:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment