Wednesday, January 23, 2019

better [BEST] choices

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 (7:02 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

How I love You! Thank You. Thank You for the opportunity of loving and being loved by You.

Thank You for the ways You work in our lives. Changing us from the inside out.

Just moments ago I was in the other room praying to You. I actually called out the desire to make better choices. Yes Father. How I long to make better choices. The choices You would have me make.

I confess to You the ease with which I lose interest recently. There are projects needing our attention and my stick-to-itiveness quickly gives way to boredom. Forgive me Father. You have raised me much better than this!

Thank You for the things You use to get our attention. Thank You that even when we make progress in a certain area, we often come back around to the need of making even more progress.

The desire to make better choices is a prime example. I looked back at past prayers and found myself having prayed and asking You for this exactly five six years ago. On a Wednesday. January 23. 2013.

I like it when You wink at me! It helps me smile. And feel loved. Cared for.

(8:12 a.m.)

Here I confess. I was reading in and of Your Word. Started looking around. Checked weather. Looked at favored snow scenes. Played crosswords. All the while being aware that these were not my best choices.

And here I realize, just like I had much earlier. I not only want to make better choices. Father I long for the choices I make to be the best!
(8:43 a.m.)

And there I went again. Off to find out someone’s full name. Which took me to looking for somebody else’s history. Father God, I am so extremely easily distracted.

Back to Your Word. As I read and dig and search and find I begin with Paul’s final remarks in Titus (3:14) and follow a reference over to John’s (6:25-59) description of Jesus as the Bread of Life.

Blessed God, how I ask You to speak Your Truth deep into my being this day. Two Theologies in Brief from Illustrated Bible Handbook speak of Life and Good Works.

Here we are taught “To understand the real meaning of eternal life, the Bible invites us to look at Jesus. In His personality, His love, and His compassion, we see the kind of person God will enable you and me to become. In Jesus’ resurrection we see power for our new life - power to break through whatever holds us back, and lead us triumphantly toward an eternity we will spend in the presence and in the image of God.”

Following this back over to The Life Recovery Bible I read Simon Peter’s reply to Jesus’ question of the disciples leaving him (John 6:67). “Lord, to whom would we go? You alone have the words that give eternal life. We believe them, and we know You are the Holy One of God” (vs. 68-69).

The comment for these verses tells us, “When all is said and done… Jesus is the answer to our every need - including recovery. He alone can deliver us from our powerful addiction or compulsion. He alone deserves our total commitment.”

Talk about the best choice ever! Jesus! You. You alone! Please do all You must in preparing, empowering and enabling me to live this day to Your good and to Your glory. Let the decisions I make be the best choices possible.

I love You. I long to serve. I need You. Do all You must. In Your power and Your strength. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(621 words ~ 9:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment