Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Again I say...


Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (6:11 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Again I say, “Thank You.” Huge smile! Yes. Thank You.

♪Rejoice, rejoice and again I say, “Rejoice!”♪ I recognized the phrase as soon as I tapped it. I just didn’t know from where. Philippians 4:4.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the ways we get to come to You. Exactly as are.

I’ve been playing with the Serenity Prayer these past several days. Realizing that some circumstances are not to my liking and wondering which can be changed. Holy God, thank You for never leaving us alone in the messes that we make.

We can always call out to You. Come back to You. Thank You.

Take this morning for example. Always knowing that I like starting my day with Your Word, for the very first time I read the back of the book jacket on The Life Recovery Bible.

Names I recognize as being strong spiritual leaders use very descriptive words. “The Bible is the greatest sourcebook for healing life’s hurts. The Life Recovery Bible can release the power of healing truth in your life” [Rick Warren, Saddleback].

Archibald D. Hart, PhD. of Fuller Graduate School of Psychology said, “This is not just a Bible for those who are suffering from particular emotional problems. It is a Bible for the common and ordinary person who is endeavoring to live a more spiritual life.”

And to this I say, “Amen!” Yes. Oh please Father God, I long to live the life to which You have called me! One where I truly rejoice in You always!

“Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next” (Reinhold Niebuhr).

Yes Father. Your Word is where I turn. Knowing, believing, trusting that You, Your Truth and Your promises do not change. Thank You God.

Thank You for the sheer “joys that are found through relationship with the Lord” (Philippians Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9. Illustrated Bible Handbook). Your Word is “full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires, It exposes us for what we really are” (Hebrews 4:12).

Thank You Father. Praise You. I have been experiencing this very thing with You these past two weeks. Absolutely knowing and agreeing with Your voice that was ‘moving deep within me, penetrating to the level of my inmost thoughts and attitudes’ (Illustrated Bible Handbook, The Living Word; [Hebrews] 4:12,13.

Holiest God, this time with You right now just keeps getting better! Back to The Life Recovery Bible. Comment in Hebrews “4:12-13 During hard times our faith tends to dwindle; we may grow angry and harden our heart to the truth about ourself. The antidote to this problem is the living Word of God, which has power to penetrate even the deepest denial…”

We cannot manipulate You or Your Word to our liking. Your Truth will win out! Thank You God.

This comment continues describing me to a T. “This is good news for those of us struggling to overcome a dysfunctional lifestyle and having a tendency to distort reality. God knows everything about us, even the things we try to hide from ourself. We can count on Him, through His Word, to expose the problems and needs we will face in recovery.”

You did this! You exposed the hurts and slights and misconceptions that had built up in my denial. Thank You Father.

Yes. Yes. Yes! Thank You that just as I followed one thought to Philippians 4:4, I get to be this excited about the accompanying comment.

4:4-9 True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control. Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty. Peace and joy come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life. The more we commit ourself to knowing God’s will through prayer and study of His Word, the better prepared we are to help ourself and others in the process of recovery.”

Thank You Father! We are coming out on the other side of darkness. Your Truth has led us back to Your Light. I absolutely get to experience Your joy. Hopefulness. Thank You Father. And again I say, “Thank You!”

Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. I thank and praise You as I genuinely rejoice, am glad and filled with Your joy. Hallelujah Jesus! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(832 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment