Tuesday, January 15, 2019

"I can!"


Tuesday, January 15, 2019 (7:55 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank You. So very much.

It always [surprises] encourages me how I can think all the positive and hopeful thoughts that come to mind then come here with You and have them solidified. Your Truth becomes real to me. Thank You Father.

I turn in Your Word. Reading of Your power and strength. Your ability to provide. And my thoughts settle down. Hope grows.

There are so many things that make little to no sense to me. And then Your Word speaks. Powerfully. Truthfully. Lovingly. Eternally.

We are not left in this world on our own. To our own devices. Jesus came, died, came back and promised to come again. Ad we get to choose to take Him at His Word. Or not.
(11:26 a.m.)

Thank You Father that not only can I choose to believe, I do! I believe the apostle Paul when he told a discouraged Timothy, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline” (2 Timothy 1:7).

And here again come all the things I can choose because of Your Truth.

Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment (1:7-14) I am excited that “Paul told Timothy not to let his weakness stop him from ministering to others. His success was not based on his ability, skill, or courage; it was based on the Holy Spirit’s power working in him.”

Holy God I need to be reminded of this [Your Truth] so very often. On my own I do not have the strength, courage or self-discipline to change all that needs to be different in me. You do. And I can choose to trust and depend on You for it all.

Thank You Father. Use me as You know is best. I love You. I long to represent and serve You. Well. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 11:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment