Thursday, January 10, 2019

coming back to my senses


Thursday, January 10, 2019 (6:10 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

I got to have more sleep. More thoughts. More singing. And then, more smiles.

While awakening, I felt as though I was truly coming back to my senses. Speak with me please as to what this actually means.

Oh most dear and holy God, as I sit here breathing in deeply I am so very aware of the peace I experience while reading Your Word. Thank You Father.

I confess to You Lord, there were days that I had honestly lost heart. My confidence was sorely shaken. I fell back to trying to do things in my own strength and power. Thank You for never letting go of me.

In all the twisting and turning I've experienced in my struggle with circumstances, You never wavered. You don’t change. It’s only when I call on the precious, sacred name of Jesus that I am saved. It’s never my strength, but Yours. Thank You Father.

Your Word gives me hope. Truth. Strength. Yes. I can be strong in Your holy name. Oh thank You!

With all the verses [1 Chronicles 16:11, Nehemiah 8:10, Psalm 112:7, John 15:11…] competing to be most prominently remembered right now, it is Paul’s letter to the believers at Colosse that I turn. “Colossians is a letter about the greatness of Christ” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BIG PICTURE).

Most dear and holy God, how I thank you! The more I read the more excited I become. The purpose of Paul’s letter? “To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life.” Amen!

Here again comes the lightness of Spirit that never ceases to delight and feed my soul. Most holy Father God again I thank and praise You.

I am preparing to launch headlong into this day. Please go before, behind, beside, beneath and above me. Completely encompassing me with Your power and strength.

It has taken me almost two entire weeks to come back to my senses, realizing that it is in You and You alone that I have my strength. “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to Him. Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done” (Colossians 2:6-7).

Oh, yes. Oh yes. Oh yes! Work with me exactly as You know is best. In, by, through and for me. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to do all You must in making this possible. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(469 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment