Monday, January 7, 2019

the Voice of Truth


Monday, January 7, 2019 (6:22 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for sleep. Thank You for rest. Thank You for warmth. Thank You for Truth. YOUR Truth.

Thank You Father that Your Truth doesn’t change. Yes. This morning I confess to having gotten trapped in a prison of my own making. I keep finding things to be annoyed about.

I know Your Word is filled with Truth. I read it. Agree with it. And then leave Your Truth on its pages.

Forgive me I pray.
(6:45 a.m.)

Oh most dear and Holy God, how I thank You for never changing. Thank You that I can choose to fumble around in darkness or I can choose to come to You.

Again I confess to fumbling. Stumbling. Struggling. Fighting. Actually tilting at windmills. Exhausting myself in grudge holding.

Every single time I come back to Your Word I am calmed. I find hope. I believe. And trust. It’s when I move away from Your Voice of Truth that the inner turmoil all begins again.

Thank You Father. A quote from 'what Christians want to know' tells us, “Knowing what the Bible says about truth and hiding God’s Word in our hearts helps us to know when we are listening to the Voice of Truth.”

I have not been! I have allowed myself to fall far back into the “I deserve” category. A place that comes to us directly from satan!

Here I stop to ask You once again most dear and Holy God, guide and direct me in Your Truth. Training me. Teaching me. Guarding my heart, my soul, my mind, my strength. I love You so very much.

I long to live this day pleasing You. Hearing, trusting, believing, recognizing and obeying Your Voice of Truth!

Preparing to leave here I ask that I take Your Word with me. Isaiah 40:8, “The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the Word of our God stands forever.”

Psalm 119:160, “All Your words are true; all Your just laws will stand forever.” Yes!

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 119:153-160 tells us, “As we entrust our life to God, He restores us to wholeness. We can be sure that He will stand with us and protect us… count on Him to encourage us when the recovery process becomes difficult or painful.”

This is where I confess to practically thumbing my nose at You. Every single time I close myself off to circumstances by maintaining, “I don’t care.” Forgive me I pray.

“As we seek out God’s will in His Word, we will discover the joyful Truth. He is willing and able to restore us to wholeness!” Oh yes, please Dearest Dad. Joyful Truth. Wholeness. Your will. Your way.

I love You. Use me please, exactly as You wish. Empower me in truly following Your impeccable Voice of Truth. Thank You Father. Amen.

(488 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment