Friday, January 18, 2019

contented


Friday, January 18, 2019 (5:54 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy, Blessed God,

Thank You for all You are. Mm, yes. All You are. More than I can imagine. Amazing. Thank You Father.

This morning I ask You to teach me more about being content. In all circumstances. Oh, yes please.

I read Your Word and I hope. Your Truth rings out reminders for us to cling to. 

In his letter to the believers of Philippi the apostle Paul encouraged them to “Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you” (4:9). Mm, yes Father!

The God of peace. Just the sound and Truth of that alone can settle us, when we choose to believe it. And there it is again. Our ability to choose.

Thank You Father. Thank You for giving us everything we need in order to want what You have for us.

So many times I forget Who and all You are. I spin wildly out of control because of my feelings toward circumstances. It’s when I am still (Psalm 46:10) long enough and allow You to settle my thinking that I can actually hear Your Truth ringing true!

Thank You Father. Thank You that we don’t have to worry about anything. Instead, we get to pray about everything! Because of Jesus, we are able to tell You what we need and thank You for all You have done (Philippians 4:6 New Living Translation).

And when we do that? “Then God will give you peace, a peace which is too wonderful to understand. That peace will keep your hearts and minds safe as you trust in Christ Jesus” (v. 7).

Go figure. The God of peace giving me the peace of God!

Forgive me Father for the times I forget to bring every single perceived hurt and concern directly to You. Keep reminding and teaching me to “fix [my] thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all [I] can praise God for and be glad about” (v.8 The Living Bible).

The Message tells us we’ll “do best by filling [y]our minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not to curse.” Yes Father. Teach me this. The other way comes so easily to me.

Thank You for this opportunity to be reminded that I am “to be satisfied [contented] with what I have and with whatever happens” (v. 11 Easy-to-Read Version). YOU know exactly what is best for me. Thank You that I am still learning to trust, believe and depend on You alone.

I love You Father. Use me this day in every way You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(487 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment