Sunday, January 13, 2019

certainty


Sunday, January 13, 2018 (6:47 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for talking with me. Thank You for being in and with me. Thank You for new things to see and learn.

A giant square in the early morning sky. Perhaps the Great Square of Pegasus? And there’s the word that best describes me recently. Perhaps.

Most Holy God, I have become uncertain about so many things these past few weeks. Thank You that YOU are certain. Sure. Unmistakeable.

Thank You that when I look at circumstances, other people… I waver. Become uncertain. Afraid. Nauseous. And then I look to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. And I am filled with a certainty that I can experience nowhere else.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the certainty of Your love. Your love that is described so many places in Your Word. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Galatians 5:22-23. 1 John 4:7-12.

Most Holy God and Father, I confess to You the turmoil I continue to get caught in. Circumstances affect my thinking. Other people’s hurts, bitterness and unforgiveness weigh heavy on my heart.

See? Even there… yesterday I allowed myself to stay down. Refusing to come back and finish my prayer time with You way after the fact. And just by confessing the weight of others on my heart, a song from long ago starts singing to me.

♪Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down♪ (Proverbs 12:25). Oh most dear and blessed God, it’s so true!

Getting to come to You. Being able to easily find the song. And then the very next line, ♪But a good word makes it glad♪ It does! Your Good Word makes my heart glad!

Thank You Father. Praise You. Use the certainty of Your Good Word in me this day.

I truly allowed heaviness in my heart to weigh me down yesterday. I let the dispositions of others completely deplete me. I did not use the power of Your Good Word in overcoming my defeat.

How I thank, praise and hope in the certainty of You this morning! Let me fully absorb this verse and all its translations.

Mm, yes Father! Keep me firmly standing on the certainty of Your Good Word!

Oh Blessed God, I feel as though I could walk on air right now! Your Truth. Your Promises.

Easy-to-Read Version tells us, “Worry takes away your joy, but a kind word makes you happy.”

Expanded Bible, “Worry [Anxiety] is a heavy load [leads to depression], but a kind [good] word cheers you up.”

Other translation words for anxiety are: mourning, sorrow, grief, heaviness. Such an accurate description for me recently. Thank You for Your antidote Father!

“A good word”. Yes! A good, kind, encouraging, appropriate word. Yes. Yes. Oh, yes!

The hope that comes from the certainty of Your Truth. Steep it deeply in my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength.

I love You so very much Dearest God. Use me this day as only You can.

The Passion Translation is my prayer this morning. Not only for myself. Friends. Family. Loved ones. Strangers. We all need to have this Truth etched deeply within.

“Anxious fear brings depression, but a life-giving word of encouragement can do wonders to restore joy to the heart.”

This is something we cannot do on our own. We desperately need Your Truth working in the hearts of others. Even children. International Children’s Bible, “Worry makes a person feel as if he is carrying a heavy load. But a kind word cheers up a person.”

Empower me in living the certainty of Your Truth dearest God. I love You. I thank You. I need You. And I ask You this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

(626 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment