Saturday, January 5, 2019

"Hallelujah, thank You Jesus!"


Friday, January 4, 2018 (6:30 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

The first complete thought I had this morning led to, “Hallelujah, thank You Jesus!” Thank You, praise You, bless You for the work You have done in me this past week.

Hurt feelings led to a silent withdrawal on my part. Silent withdrawal led to negative thinking. Negative thinking led to an air of discontent…

And at the very same time I was absolutely aware and acutely in need of Your presence. I struggled deeply within myself this entire past week. Until finally, “Hallelujah, thank You Jesus!”

Thank You Father. I knew the struggle would ultimately take me somewhere. I noticed it yesterday when I once again started to dig in my heels and think negative, bitter thoughts. Thank You for stopping me in my tracks.

You reminded me that when initially invited in to a 21 day experience of prayer and fasting I had immediately decided to give up wall building. This was quickly brought to the forefront as I headed out to the back carrying actual stinky trash.

Thanks Dad. What an excellent metaphor!

With a definite reminder from You I remembered to apply a lesson in communication we practiced decades ago. “When [ _____ ] happens, I feel  [ _____ ].” As I filled in those blanks on the way to the trash can, I realized I was feeling disappointed.

I didn’t have to completely close myself off because of a simple disappointment. I was able to choose to busy myself with things that needed attention. The next thing I knew I was absolutely enjoying the day and my surroundings. Thank You Father. Thank You so very much.

Now, about that “Hallelujah, …” moment.

When something happens and I determine how I feel, I can make an action plan. I don’t have to become a victim of circumstances. I can actually use those very circumstances to propel me to the next step.

And I don’t have to stop there. I can share what I learn with others!

Thank You Father. Hallelujah Jesus! Use me as You know is best. Developing my action plan as we go along discovering what positive things to do with potentially negative thinking.

I love You Father and I long to live my life the way You would have me. Lovingly. Kindly… Thank You. Amen.
(388 words ~ 9:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment