Monday, January 28, 2019

great and good


Friday, January 25, 2019 (6:10 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for rest. And warmth. And hope. And love. Thank You that You are great. And good. And loving. And kind.

Mm, Father. Will You talk with me this morning about all the things You are. Guide my thinking. And my exploring.

I am seeking Your will. And Your way. Opening Your Word I don’t know which section to search.

Let’s start with Matthew 7:12. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Luke 6: 31). And would You just look at that? It falls under the heading “Love for Enemies”. Right before “Don’t Condemn Others”.

Holiest God, You really are great and good! These are not the directions I was expecting to go. Yet desperately need to experience.

A devotion titled “Forgiveness” in The Life Recovery Bible (Luke 6:27-36) tells us that “We no longer need to be controlled by other people’s dispositions and actions. Even when we have done our best to make amends for the wrongs we have done, the situation may not change. And even when we come to terms with the wrongs that have been done against us, our feelings may not change.”

This is important for me to be reminded! There are so many times my feelings get in the way. Thank You for Your Truth Father. 

This particular devotional ends by teaching us, “But we don’t have to be held captive by our feelings or the feelings of others. We can choose to forgive and act in loving ways. This will free us from being controlled by anyone other than God. As we choose to forgive others and do good, our feelings will change with time.”

That’s what I depend on Father. Obeying You. Treating others the way I want to be treated. And letting my feelings come to align with Your Truth and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment