Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Constant!


Tuesday, January 8, 2019 (7:28 a.m.)
Blessed God,

How I thank You. Because You are good, constant… I have hope. Mm, yes. Hope. Thank You God.

You blow me away Father! I stay in my head. Attempting to think my way into or out of whatever mood currently surrounds me. As soon as I open myself up to praise and thanks Your peace takes over my heart. My soul. My mind. And even my strength.

Thank You that there is no issue, imagined or real, that I can’t bring to You and find it addressed in Your Word. Your love, Your constancy buoys me every single time.

Turning first to Malachi 3:6, I read of Your Call to Repentance. The Life Recovery Bible describes the purpose of this letter was “to confront the people about getting back on track after they had relapsed into old patterns of sin.”

I tell You Father, You just never cease speaking to my heart! Thank You.

Next I find myself reading in Numbers (23:19). Even the Hebrew name for this book causes me to smile. “In the Wilderness.” How often do I feel absolutely bewildered? Taking the 17th century origin of that word I find myself relating: “from be- ‘thoroughly’ + wilder ‘lead or go astray’.

I do that. I end up thoroughly led or gone astray time after time after time.

But You? Constant! And every time I turn back to You, You listen. Willing to guide and direct. Lead and encourage. Never failing nor forsaking (Hebrews 13:5; Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).

Your Word is Truth. Your promises true. Empower me in learning, knowing, trusting, believing and standing firm on them.

I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. So very much. Use me as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(311 words ~ 9:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment