Thursday, January 31, 2019

"I'm Yours!"


Thursday, January 31, 2019 (6:34 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

I woke up with the tune of another song.

It took quite awhile before I placed it. Then I wondered why. Thinking it particularly odd. Until I considered singing it to and about You.
(6:53 a.m.)

(7:12 a.m.)
And still I’m hesitating.

Holy God, thank You that I get to start and stop. Wonder. Ponder. Flounder. Be indecisive. Until finally asking You to guide and direct my time with You.

Dearest God, all Truth be told, I’m Yours! I am. Thank You, Father. Talk with me about what exactly this means.

Being Yours is not something I take for granted. It truly is a gift. One for which I am supremely grateful.

I have the privilege of seeking and searching Your Word. I get to read again and again what it is to love and be loved by You.

Blessed God, how I thank You. I read of Your love. Your devotion. Your mercy. Your plan. And I am encouraged. Hopeful. Excited [agog] to read and learn more.

The apostle Peter wrote to a group of hurting people, “PURPOSE: To show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE). Thank You that I get to be one of Your chosen people (1 Peter 2:9).

“But you are not like that [one who stumbles and doesn’t listen to God's Word or obey it (1 Peter 2:8)], for you are a chosen people (v. 9a)… This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light (9c).” You amaze me Father.

As I continue reading, Peter references Hosea (1:6, 9; 2:23)’s words to the people of the northern kingdom of Israel and I am again excited to believe. Trust. Hope. In Your healing, all powerful mercy and love.

“Once you were not a people; now you are the people of God. Once you received none of God’s mercy; now you have received His mercy” (1 Peter 2:10).
(9:57 a.m.)
Loosely translated? “I’m Yours!”

Yes Father. Oh yes.

2:9-10 The Christian’s true identity is no longer that of a sinner but that of a holy saint. We are no longer a slave, but a chosen priest of the King. We have been called out of the darkness of our dependency to receive God’s healing love so we can share it with others who are hurting” (The Life Recovery Bible comment).

Yes please Father.

And here the singing starts again, ♪Well open up your mind and see like Me Open up your plans and [you are] free Look into your heart and you’ll find love, love, love…♪ Oh yes Father.

Thank You that I get to wholeheartedly belt out the chorus here, ♪But I won’t hesitate no more, no more It cannot wait, I’m Yours♪

I am! I’m Yours! Thank You. Use me exactly as You know is best. I love You. Amen.
(515 words ~ 10:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment