Tuesday, January 29, 2019

all good things


Tuesday, January 29, 2019 (6:09 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. There has been quite a bit of loving attention shown me these last few days. Thank You Father.

So here I sit, considering You in it all. Knowing, trusting, believing that all good things in our lives come from You.

Dearest Father, I look to Your Word. Asking Your direction. Seeking Your guidance. Knocking on Your door of understanding.

Mm, yes Father. There are so very many things I do not know or understand. And I look to You with all my heart. I do. Thank You.

Thank You for leading. Guiding. Directing. Providing. Being. Every single good thing that comes is directly from You. Even when we don’t recognize them as such.

Holy God, I turn and read in Your Word. I gain strength and hope. And the tiniest bit of understanding as I am reminded that all good things come from You. James 1:17. 1 Chronicles 29:11-12. Psalm 127.

Right in the midst of my own understanding I am brought again to Sunday’s conversation with a hurting friend and the gentle strains of a piano playing favorite. Proverbs 3:5-6. And ♪I Surrender All♪

Oh Blessed Jesus, I DO surrender all to You! Not on my terms do I come to You, asking again that You will lead and guide me.

Reading the verses of the hymn, seeking to freely give myself to You. And right on the back, before I’m even finished with this one comes ♪Just As I Am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me♪

Herein lies all the good things. Because of this precious blood we are free to come to You. Exactly as we are. Warts and hurts and all. We are Yours. We don’t have to understand it. We get to depend on it.

Now back to Proverbs 3. Trusting in the Lord. Where I normally go straight to verses five and six, here I start right under the chapter title. “My child never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart, for they will give you a long and satisfying life. Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation.”

Blessed God, that’s how yesterday felt. Thank You for the opportunity to experience being well remembered.

Quoting The Life Recovery Bible comment, “3:5-6 What a promise! God will guide us on the right pathway of life if we put our trust in Him rather than try to do it on our own. Putting God first means turning our life and will over to Him. Surrendering to His leadership is humbling, but it is the only way for us to lead a good life.”

Mm, yes! ♪I Surrender All♪ Thank You Father!

Loyalty and kindness. These are two more attributes I long to add to a developing list of my characteristics in You. All the good things that come from loving and being loved by You.

I do love You Father. And I thank You for all good things. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(557 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment