Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmastide!


Saturday, December 1, 2018 (5:53 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. We’re going to be getting ready for Advent. I look to You Blessed Lord. Guide us in our efforts of honoring and acknowledging You.

(6:39 a.m.)

So here I sit. Bible and Hymnal on my lap. Searching one and then the other. Reading lyrics to songs of worship that I do not know.

Turning to the referenced Scripture verses I marvel at the hope and trust of Your people. Thank You Father for their example.
(6:57 a.m.)

Right this minute I’m going to pause and be honest with You. I’m feeling frustrated and irritated at the moment. Rather than blindly continuing in the thanks and praises that I really truly do feel, I thought I should confess to You what You already know. I want different than I have. My ears are now both plugged. The cough continues. Changing my food intake is way harder for me than in the past. Whine, gripe, grumble, grouse…

Thank You Father that I can even lay that at Your feet. And You know? Just by doing that, I feel lighter! I’m smiling. And truly grateful. Thanks Dad!

The Joyful Certainty of Justification; (Romans) 5:1-11 which I am reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook has me equally excited and confused. Again, I look to You for guidance and understanding.
(7:37 a.m.)

An interruption of sheer shock. News of the completely unexpected death of a vibrant, lively young woman. Oh Blessed God how I ask Your presence with her loving family and many friends.

As I switch gears back to preparing to celebrate Christmastide, my heart stays with those suffering loss. Most Blessed God, comfort and keep Your hurting ones.

Father, I did not expect this morning’s time with You to take so many directions. Reading of Justification (Illustrated Bible Handbook) I learn, “It is a judicial act of God by which He declares us righteous. It is intimately linked with forgiveness of sins. And it is the beginning of a new life of faith in which we desire to please God.”

Hmmm… desire to please You. What would it be like if we were to truly spend this Advent Season desiring to please You?

Romans 5:11 tells us, “So now we can rejoice with God - all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God.” Oh yes Father!
(9:32 a.m.)
And I’m back. Again.

Starting once more with the hymn that began this whole line of thought. ♪O Thou Joyful, O Thou Wonderful♪ Mm. This phrase repeats for each of the three verses.

♪ …Grace revealing Christmastide! …Love revealing Christmastide! …Peace revealing Christmastide!♪ Each verse teaching us more.

♪ …Jesus came to win us From all sin within us; Glorify the holy Child! …Loud hosanna singing And all praises bringing: May Thy love with us abide! …Darkness disappeareth, God’s own light now neareth: Peace and joy to all betide!♪

This dear Father is my prayer, that this Christmastide we will reflect the hope, love, joy and peace that Christ came to bring this world.

We love You. We need You. We ask You to use as You know is best. Thank You Father; for Who You are and all You do. Amen.

(554 words ~ 10:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment