Saturday, December 15, 2018

quiet patience


Saturday, December 15, 2018 (5:40 a.m.)
Holy God,

It’s early. And I’m grateful.

Yes Father. Grateful. For more things than I can even begin to count. Warmth. Lights. Quiet. Mm, yes. I do love quiet, don’t I?

Okay Dad, let’s talk about me and my love of quiet. What’s that about? Just how far back does it go? Better still, what does Your Word have to say about quiet? A lot! So much.

For now I ask You to guide me through the 24 verses found in The Passion Translation. The quiet brook of bliss is mentioned for Psalm 23:2. Quiet patience is listed as a must have in Ephesians (4:2).

Yes. That’s the one! “With tender humility and quiet patience, always demonstrate gentleness and generous love toward one another, especially toward those who may try your patience.” Oh yes Father. Teach me this.

While in prison the apostle Paul wrote to encourage the believers in Ephesus to live together in unity. The Message says, “And mark that you do this with humility and discipline - not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences.”

Oh yes. Most dear and blessed God, let me live this day not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring myself out for others in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences. This is my prayer Most Holy God.

I love You. It’s time to get started. How I ask You to enable and empower me to approach this day ‘with tender humility and quiet patience, always demonstrat[ing] gentleness and generous love toward others, especially toward those who may try my patience’ (TPT).

I love You. I need You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You Father. Amen.
(311 words ~ 6:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment