Tuesday, December 4, 2018

In You


Tuesday, December 4, 2018 (5:05 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

How I thank You Lord. And I ask You. Please teach me about hope.

(6:36 a.m.)

I realized yesterday that I tend to put my hope in circumstances. Works. Results. Where am I truly meant to place my hope? In You!

Thinking about my own resistance [refusal] to freely hope, I realized my hope is generally related to outcomes. Cause and effect. Do this, get that. Hope, receive.

Teach me Father.

The chorus ♪In You♪ has been singing to me loudly since yesterday. Countering every thought of disappointment related to misplaced hope, my heart truly reminded me that ♪My life… strength… hope is in You, Lord♪

The thought just came to me; maybe I don’t know how to hope. What do You think Lord? Am I on to something? Asking You to teach me how to hope?

Yes. I think so.

James wrote to show Your people how to live, telling them “If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask Him, and He will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking” (James 1:5).

Thank You Father. Thank You for the privilege to come before You with every single aspect of our beings. Indecision. Hopelessness. Fear. And finally, “Faith, hope and love” (1 Corinthians 13:13). The three things that will endure.

Yes Father. Thank You.

I keep going back and forth between Romans 5:1-6 and James 1:2-4, noting the similarities of rejoicing in problems and troubles as a way of growing in endurance. Faith Brings Joy (Romans) and Faith and Endurance (James).

Father, as I ask You to continue Your work in me I keep noticing the smile breaking through on my face and in my heart and soul. Thank You Father. It is to You I turn. In You I place my hope and faith and trust. Keep teaching me I pray. Especially at this particularly sacred time of year.

I love You, Dad. I long to be the woman You would have me be. A woman of hope. In You. Yes. Please. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(372 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment