Thursday, December 13, 2018

"BEL1EVE the Magic"


Thursday, December 13, 2018 (4:42 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. Once more You have reminded me to stay in this moment. Not jump ahead to anything that may or may not happen next. Don’t think about things from before. Just stay here. In this moment. This magic moment.

I honestly could not wait to get out here and start exploring this magic moment with You. Of course it’s the song I grew up singing by Marvin Gaye. But taking it deeper, it truly sums up my feelings toward You.

♪This Magic Moment so different and so new was like any other until I kissed You♪ But then I felt awkward as I considered kissing You. I know I have skirted this issue before.

Imagine my delight just now as I searched out “a Biblical kiss” and found what it represents. Respect and honor, love, fidelity, deep emotional attachment, joy or sadness, loyalty. Yes on all accounts!

Thank You God. Thank You for musical reminders of what we experience in our relationship with You.

♪And then it happened. It took me my surprise I knew that You felt it too By the look in Your eyes. Sweeter than wine Softer than a summer night Everything I want I have Whenever I hold You tight♪ It’s so true! We really do have everything we want when we hold tightly to You. Your teachings. Your promises. Thank You Father.

♪This magic moment While Your lips are close to mine Will last forever Forever till the end of time♪ On Your lips is the promise of eternity. ♪Forever till the end of time♪

Now, just as playfully as possible at 5:30 in the morning comes the musical strain of Perry Como singing ♪Magic Moments, when two hearts are caring Magic moments, memories we’ve been sharing I’ll never forget…♪

Mm, yes Father. Make it so I never forget! There is so much talk about magic these days. Thank You for reminding me that mercy and grace in Christ is what it is all about for me.

And as I took it that one step further so much earlier I came up with the need we each have to “BEL1EVE the Magic”. Not the magic of a merchandising holiday blitz. No! The True belief that: “Before everything, lived 1 eternally vast entity [Genesis1:1]; the mercy and grace in Christ.”

Father, You call me to Truth. You remind me that I am to fully esteem and revere You. Staying in this moment. This very magical moment. Thank You Father. I love You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.

(449 words ~ 6:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment