Wednesday, December 26, 2018

switching gears


Wednesday, December 26, 2018 (5:49 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You. We’re going to be switching gears. And I’m asking You to be present in every single way.

The season of preparation has given way to the time of celebration. The second day of Christmas and I am already feeling a sense of loss. Sadness. Change.

I recognize this as part of my pattern. It’s definitely not the first time. Thank You that even this I get to bring to You.

Earlier in the month I mistakenly referred to Advent as being part of Christmastide. Upon studying and reading more I realize that this time right now, the Twelve Days of Christmas, is actually what is known as Christmastide.

Again I am asking You to change all You must that I would not slip into a vapid case of the doldrums. Father, I love You. I am grateful for the birth of Your Son and all He came to save.
(6:56 a.m.)

A moment of rest. More reading. Searching. And Nehemiah 8:10. The Message. “He [Nehemiah] continued, ‘Go home and prepare a feast, holiday food and drink; and share it with those who don’t have anything: This day is holy to God. Don’t feel bad. The joy of GOD [the Lord] is your strength!’ ”

You have so very much to teach me about joy. And sharing. Mm. Yes. Keep working in me Father. With, by, through and for me. There are so many changes to be made. Shift the gears You know need to be shifted.

I love You. I long to serve You. Exactly as You wish. Thank You Father. Amen.
(278 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment