Friday, December 7, 2018

delightfully surprised


Friday, December 7, 2018 (5:01 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. I just smiled again. Christmas lights, hung by the dear husband, just came on in our patio. Surprise! Yes. Delightfully surprised. Again.

I first wrote these two words much earlier this year. While putting away Christmas decorations, without an inventory list. It was my effort to put a positive spin on an otherwise frustrating situation.

That simple strategy has worked wonderfully well throughout the year. Thank You Father.

This morning I again look to You for delightful surprises. Like just now, finding these two words together in The Passion Translation. Luke 1:30. The angel Gabriel calming Mary as he prepares to tell her of Your plan for her.

My heart settles as my hope soars. A new way of looking at the phrase, “Do not be afraid.”

In this particular translation we are told, “Mary was deeply troubled over the words of the angel and bewildered over what this may mean for her. But the angel reassured her, saying, ‘Do not yield to your fear, Mary, for the Lord has found delight in You and has chosen to surprise you with a wonderful gift” (Luke 1:29-30).

“Do not yield to your fear.” Hmm. Don’t give in to fear. Thank You for speaking to us Father. 

You found delight in Mary and surprised her with a wonderful gift. Let my thoughts this day center on Your Truth Blessed God.

I love You. I want to serve You. Do all You must in teaching me not to yield to fear. Thank You for Your delightful surprises Father. Amen.

(268 words ~ 6:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment