Friday, December 14, 2018

promises

Friday, December 14, 2018 (5:21 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for Your awesomeness. Thank You for Your promises. Thank You for the hope that comes from believing You.

Thank You that I get to sit here, reading Your Word. Smiling. Hoping. Trusting. Believing. Isaiah 35. Mm, “Hope for Restoration”.

Most Holy God, I have been living in Your hope! Thank You Father.

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes this chapter as “Kingdom Joy for the Redeemed; 35:1-10… one of the most beautiful chapters in the OT.” I concur!

“Even the wilderness will rejoice in those days. The desert will blossom with flowers. Yes, there will be an abundance of flowers and singing and joy!” (Isaiah 35:1-2a).

My smile grows bigger with each word I read. Such description of hope. The Voice begins verse 2 with the promise, “It will happen!” Thanks Dad. Thank You for Your promises.

As we prepare to go off into this day, I ask You to go before us. Behind us. Above, beneath, beside and especially within us. The excitement that comes from believing and trusting Your promises is monumental. Use Your Words to guide us throughout this day I pray.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your promises. I love You Father. Use me as only You know is best; that I will truly be “…singing songs of everlasting joy” (v. 10b). Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(240 words ~ 6:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment