Wednesday, December 5, 2018

more about hope


Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (6:18 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You! You’re working in me. I can tell. Smiles come more easily. Thoughts are truly brighter.

Sleep happened. There were dreams. Some awake time. And then, more sleep. Thanks Dad!

Again I am asking You to teach me more about hope. This morning I’m looking into Hebrews 11:1 which works to define faith. Now I am all the more confused. Yet still smiling.

Thank You Father. Thank You that we get to come to You with questions. Wonders. Hopes. Dreams. Even doubts. And fear.

Your Word tells us of the numerous times people were told to come. Thank You Father. Jesus told ‘all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest’ (Matthew 11:28). I get to come. With all I am. And all I carry. Thank You Father.

Thank You that in the apostle John’s Revelation we are called to hope. Here Jesus said, “Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends” (Revelation 3:20). Hmmm. Hope.

Yes. You provide us hope. And faith. Now I’m asking for understanding of their meanings.

A devotion entitled Hope in Faith in The Life Recovery Bible poses these questions relating to Hebrews 11:1-10, “How can we be confident that something we want is going to happen, especially if all of our hopes have been dashed? How can we risk believing that the life we hope for is waiting for us just around the bend?”

I saw a glimpse of something I have long hoped for come to fruition just last night. This Advent Season the husband is actively involved and excited about decorating the house, something that had rarely been the case in the past. Thank You for the ability to recognize a true hope come to pass.

It is to You I turn in my wondering and hoping. “Step Two [of the twelve] is often referred to as ‘the hope step.’ In coming to believe that a Power greater than ourself can restore us to sanity, we will remember what it was like to live sanely and have the faith to hope that sanity can return.”

The faith to hope. Hmmm… Continuing in the devotional, “The Bible tells us that the key is in the nature of the higher Power we look to. We are told that ‘anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him’ (Hebrews 11:6).”

There’s that word again. “Come.” Mm, yes! Thank You Father.

This particular devotional concludes with this Truth, “If we see God as one who is reaching out to help us, we will be more eager to look for Him. If our faith has not matured to that point yet, we can… start by asking God to help us have more faith. Then we can ask Him for the courage to hope for a better future.”

Yes please Father. Give me not only the courage to hope, but the wisdom to know what true hope really is.

Do in, with, by, through and for me that which only You can. Teach me to truly have faith and thus, hope. Thank You God. I love You. Amen.

(596 words ~ 10:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment