Monday, December 24, 2018

divine power


Christmas Eve Monday, December 24. 2018 (5:32 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You for the time we’ve had together already. Thinking. Thanking. Smiling. Hoping. Remembering. Planning. Praising.

Holy God, You are so good. Thank You that Your promises are sure. Thank You that I get to read in and of Your Word. And through it all we get to come to know You and Jesus better.

Thank You for the music singing itself within me right now ♪Noel, Noel Come and see what God has done♪ And ♪Through It All, through it all my eyes are on You♪ Thank You for the many ways and times You speak to me.

Reading Your Word, in 2 Peter 1, is especially challenging right now. Ah. There it is. The reminder to “keep it simple sweetheart”. Just read verse three. For now. It’s so exciting for me, I want to go on. Every time I do ♪Through it all♪ begins again.

“Everything we could ever need for life and complete devotion to God has already been deposited in us by His divine power. For all this was lavished upon us through the rich experience of knowing Him who has called us by name and invited us to come to Him through a glorious manifestation of His goodness” (The Passion Translation).

Just as part of me starts to wonder “Whaaaat?”, another is again singing ♪Through It All, through it all♪ reminding me to focus on Your divine power. Is it really that simple? Hmm… I wonder.

And here in the Worldwide English (New Testament) I find once more that simpler really is better for me. Verse 2, “May the loving kindness of God bless you and give you more and more peace because you know God and Jesus our Lord.” What a truly comforting thought.

“Christ is God and by His own [divine] power He has given us everything we need to live and to please God. He has given this to us because we know Him, and He has called us because He is great and good” (v. 3).

Divine power. Great and good. Do everything You must in empowering me to living this day as You would have me. Freely. Lovingly. Pleasing You as I go. I love You. Thank You. Merry Christmas Eve! Amen.

(389 words ~ 6:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment