Monday, December 3, 2018

an Advent of Hope


Monday, December 3, 2018 (5:04 a.m.)
Most Dear God of all things,
(5:43 a.m.)

Even a simple salutation distracts me to search and seek and learn more.

Wanting to make sure that calling You the most dear God of all things is accurate. After searching and seeking and reading a few things I’m even more confused than ever.
(6:06 a.m.)
Let me then start over.

Oh Most Good and Glorious God,

Thank You. Thank You that You know me and You love me. Confusion and all.

My thoughts get ahead of me.

Thank You for the glorious beauty of Your sky just now. Father, I truly don’t know where to turn. To Your Word. In Your Word. Where?

Hope.

Yes! Thank You Father.

Now I have tears.

I spent much of yesterday avoiding spending time alone with You. I didn’t know what to do with the frustration that comes when my hopes and plans are not realized in the ways I think I want.

Thank You that You know best. You really do. Align me with Your best for me.

I confess to folding easily. One thing or another comes along to challenge my direction and I often just give up. Change that in me I pray.

And here I get to confess just as readily my unwillingness to hope. Hide? Yes. Mope? Uh-huh. Hope? Not so much.

It’s risky. I might get hurt. Or disappointed.

Forgive me Father. You call us to hope. Empower me in heeding this call.

The apostle Paul wrote to encourage Timothy in his faithfulness to You. “It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was His plan long before the world began - to show His love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 1:9).

The Life Recovery Bible comment for this verse includes 1:7-14. It speaks of Timothy’s tendency toward fear and timidity (v. 7). “Paul said that God gives ‘power, love and self-discipline.’ Paul told Timothy not to let his weakness stop him from ministering to others. His success was not based on his ability, skill or courage. It was based on the Holy Spirit’s power working in him.”

Oh most Holy and Worthy God, do in and with, by, through and for me all these things I cannot do on my own. Simple things. Like being willing to hope. In You!

“In recovery we don’t have the inherent strength, courage, and self-discipline needed to overcome our dependency. Through God’s power, however, we can succeed in recovery” (TLRB comment above). Do all You must Dear Father. I long to hope as You would have me.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(469 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment