Friday, December 28, 2018

wondering


Friday, December 28, 2018 (6:56 a.m.)
Dearest, Blessed, Holy God,

I’m confessing a deep sadness this morning. There is news of the unexpected deaths of people I do not know personally. I am always surprised when I feel this deeply the pain and loss of others.

Here, too, I look to You Father. Tears rolling gently down my cheeks as I again wonder what it is about me that feels emotions so deeply.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that I get to wonder things with You. And thank You that I am learning to wonder those things without judging myself too harshly.
(7:48 a.m.)

Deep breath. More reading. Hoping. Thinking. Asking. Father God, guide me in Your Word this morning.

Reading in the psalms I smile. The “book of praises” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). One of three “books of truth” [see also Job and Proverbs].

THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE in The Life Recovery Bible determines this book was written “to demonstrate that God is holy and loving and intimately involved in every aspect of our human experience.” Thank You God.

The comment for 2:1-6 begins with the question “If God is in charge of the world, why do we continually try to do things our own way?” Why indeed!

Thank You Father that I feel in such good company when I relate to Your Word. Psalm 77:6 states, “I call to mind my music; it keeps me company at night. Together with my heart I contemplate; my spirit searches, wondering, questioning:”.

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes: “Psalm 77. This deeply introspective psalm shares feelings and thoughts while in distress, and explains how hope was restored by recalling God’s miracle work for His people.” Again I say thank You Father.

It is so easy for me to focus on disaster and sadness. Thank You for teaching me to search Your Word at such times as this.

And here “David’s poetic praise [Psalm 101; The Passion Translation] Lord, I will sing about your faithful love for me. My song of praise will have Your justice as its theme. I’m trying my best to walk in the way of integrity, especially in my own home. But I need Your help! I’m wondering, Lord, when will You appear?” (verses 1-2).

The description for this song of praise in Illustrated Bible Handbook declares, “God’s love and justice find reflection in the worshipper’s relationship with others.” Mm, Father. Do all You must that I would truly come to reflect Your love and justice.

I love You Father. And I long to serve You exactly as You wish. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(451 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment