Thursday, December 20, 2018

prophetic word


Thursday, December 20, 2018 (4:27 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Good morning. Where in Your Word shall we go this very early time of the day?

2 Peter 1:19.
(6:44 a.m.)
And then… more sleep! Thank You God.

Mm. Morning. Morning Star. Prophetic word.

The apostle Peter wrote to “all believers everywhere to help his readers keep their focus on God’s grace and truth” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE). At the beginning of his greeting Paul said, “I am writing to all of you who share the same precious faith we have, faith given to us by Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, who makes us right with God (v. 1)

“May God bless you with His special favor and wonderful peace as you come to know God and Jesus our Lord better and better” (2). Yes please Father.
(8:08 a.m.)

Thank You that I get to come before You asking where to go in Your Word and You answer me. The Life Recovery Bible tells us, “Get to know God. The God of the universe has made Himself available to us on a personal level. As we get to know Him, He will help us overcome our shortcomings and replace them with self-control, kindness, love, forgiveness, perseverance, patience, and peace.”

And You do. I notice it in so many ways. You truly are everything we need. And I thank You. Being particularly aware that “Christmas begins with Christ” has helped me look to You more readily and often. Thank You.

Thank You for the especially early start to this prayer. My actual glimpse of the morning star (Venus) shining in the eastern sky. The reason I grasped so firmly to verse 19 this morning. Peter recounting his history with his dear Friend.

“We heard that voice from heaven while we were with Jesus on the holy [sacred] mountain. This makes us more sure about the message the prophets gave [or And we also have a reliable message from the prophets; And we have the prophetic word confirmed; probably referring to the Old Testament]. It is good for you [You do well] to follow closely what they said as you would follow a light [lamp] shining in a dark place, until the day begins [dawns] and the morning star rises in your hearts [Num. 24:17; Rev. 22:16; the planet Venus as seen before sunrise, here symbolizing Christ]. Most [First] of all, you must understand this: No prophecy in the Scriptures ever comes from the prophet’s own interpretation [or is a matter of one’s own interpretation]. No prophecy ever came from what a person wanted to say [human will/intention], but people led [carried; moved] by the Holy Spirit spoke words from God. [True prophecy originates with God, not with the prophet.]” (Expanded Bible; vs. 18-21).

So many variations of referring back to the writings of Your prophets and their prophetic words. Let me hear You clearly this day. Guide me. Direct me. Use me. Exactly as You know is best.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Amen.

(524 words ~ 8:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment