Friday, December 21, 2018

"Emmanuel"


Friday, December 21, 2018 (5:29 a.m.)
Good morning Blessed God,

Thank You for sleep. Thank You for progress. Thank You for order. Thank You for Your presence. Yes. Especially Your presence. You with us. Emmanuel.

And now I have tears. Huge tears. And the need for a tissue.

Father, I love You. I thank You. And I need You. You with us.

We have a very sad morning planned. A funeral of a dear young woman. How I pray Your presence, Your “Emmanuel”, for her precious family.

Holy God, I love the ways You get my attention. Sometimes subtly. And others, right in my face.  Emmanuel. You with us. Matthew 1:23.

I can’t even read for the tears. My heart breaks. Mind wanders. Isaiah (7:14) foretold the circumstances of Jesus’ birth 700 years before and Joseph was reminded of it in a dream.

Thank You for his willingness to believe. Trust. Hope. Have faith. In You. Your Word. Your promises.

Reading the RECOVERY PROFILE of JOSEPH & MARY in The Life Recovery Bible my mind is boggled by all the emotions being stirred within. Balancing their "Strengths And Accomplishments, Weaknesses And Mistakes, Lessons From Their Lives and Key Verses", (Matthew 1:19-20) I am encouraged.

Joseph didn’t know what he thought he knew. He made false assumptions. An angel spoke to him in a dream. Then he believed and trusted You. Thank You God for his commitment to You. And ultimately to Mary.

Father, use their example of “rebuild[ing] trust and repair[ing] love in relationships that were once very fragile” as we go about this day. This day that begins with a family saying good bye to their most dear one.

They need Your presence Lord. Your “Emmanuel”. As do we all.

I love You. I need You. I trust You. I want You and I thank You Father. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(318 words ~ 6:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment