Monday, December 10, 2018

f.a.i.t.h.


Monday, December 10, 2018 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. I’m here asking You to teach me about faith. I’ve come to know it as “forsaking all I trust Him” [Jesus]. Thank You Father.

Hmm. Yes. This morning I ask You to teach me more about what it really is to forsake all and trust You and Your Son. Mm. Forsaking [abandoning, deserting, leaving high and dry, turning one's back on...].

Of all places in Your Word, I find myself with David and Goliath (1 Samuel 17:20-47). David’s faith in You led him to forsake all fear and trust in You. And he was successful in his quest. Why? He forsook all and trusted You.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the Great Examples of Faith (Hebrews 11) that pepper both Your Old and New Testaments. Thank You for Your obedient followers who wrote and told the history of those believers who had come before.

And the overwhelming theme? Again and again, “Do not be afraid.” Thank You Father. Your chosen people were told repeatedly to “Be strong and courageous” (Deuteronomy 31:6) and words to that effect.

I look to You this morning Blessed God. To You in truly teaching me to forsake all and trust Jesus. Thank You.

Use me as only You know is best. Hoping. Trusting. Believing. Knowing that You will never leave nor forsake [abandon] us (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8). Thanks Dad.

David knew that his battle with Goliath belonged to You (1 Samuel 17). Embolden and empower me to faith like that. You know? That faith the size of a mustard seed. Yeah. Again I say, “Thanks Dad!”

I love You. I trust You. I thank You. Amen.
(277 words ~ 7:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment