Sunday, December 16, 2018

align me


Sunday, December 16, 2018 (6:28 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You that I get to come to You. Anywhere. Anytime. Yes Father. Thank You.

I am confessing to feeling a little off-kilter. Yes. That’s the word. Not aligned or balanced. Thank You even for this Dear God.

Turning to You during the long, somewhat sleepless night I asked Your blessing and keeping of others. Loved ones. Those who are hurting. Now, during the light of day, I am asking You to align me to Your will. Your way.

Even here I thank You. There’s a smile on my face. A lightness to my spirit. Thank You that I get to ask You for a spiritual alignment. Mm. Yes. Arrange my thinking, our plans, in Your “correct or appropriate relative position” [alignment].

I am settling in to Your Word. Smiling as I go. Thank You so much Father.

Guided over to Romans 8 (v. 27 in The Voice) I read of “The Spirit’s Power New Life Through the Spirit ” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). And I hope. Rest. Breathe. Give in. Asking again, align me to Your will Dear Lord.

Make it so that what matters most to You matters most to me. “Don’t you know that He who pursues and explores the human heart intimately knows the Spirit’s mind because He pleads to God for His saints to align their lives with the will of God?” (Romans 8:27).

Beginning with verse 26 in The Life Recovery Bible I fully exhale and then inhale without even thinking. Breathing in the freshness of Your Spirit. “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.”

“In harmony with God’s own will.” Yes Father, please! Align my heart with Yours. My soul, mind and strength. Settle the turmoil I am experiencing within. I love you and I long to represent You as You know is best.

Thank You for this time together. Use me to Your good and to Your glory. Pointing to the peace this third Sunday of Advent symbolizes. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(390 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment