Thursday, December 27, 2018

first taste


Thursday, December 27, 2018 (6:18 a.m.)
Happy 3rd Day of Christmas Lord,

Yes. Happy. Joyful. Celebrate.
(6:38 a.m.)

Mm. Yes. Father, it is You who began my first taste of the actual twelve days of Christmas. Yes. A legitimate first taste. All those (over 50) years ago with a gift box of fruit. One to be opened each day.

How perfect.
(7:01 a.m.)
Yes Father. Perfect. Like You. And Jesus.

Taking time to read more about celebrating these blessed twelve days, I truly invite You in to the mix. Lead me. Guide my thinking. Direct my steps.

Even here my desire is to bring honor and glory to You as I learn more about celebrations of old. Wassailing. How have I never looked into this word before?

An early English toast to someone’s health. Waes haeil ‘be in (good) health!’ Also a very tasty hot spiced cider with apples we served just the other night. Thank You Father for yet another surprise.

All of this to bring us back around to celebrating Your Son’s miraculous birth. As I read Your Word (Luke 2:8-24) I ask You to keep my thoughts as Mary kept hers (v. 19). Quietly treasured in her heart.

Blessed, Holy Father God, I long to know more of Your Truth. Take verse 24 for example. It’s the first time I remember seeing “a pair of [two] turtledoves” mentioned in Your Word. And I smile. Feeling blessed. Kept. By You.

Use me this day in readying us for our continued celebration of Your twelve days. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. So much. Amen.

(281 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment