Sunday, July 9, 2017

"wholeness in our life"

Sunday, July 9, 2017 (6:57 a.m.)
Holy God,

You are good. Holy. All the time.

I am not. I could easily make a list of all the things I am not. Let's not do that. Help me focus on You instead. Your blessings. Your goodness.

The sky was beautiful this morning. I thought of You instantly. You and Your glory.
(7:31 a.m.)
Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to sit here, reminded that the heavens declare Your glory (Psalm 19:1). In so doing, I am led to read, trust, believe and hope in the Truth of Your Word.

Illustrated Bible Handbook, “Psalm 19. Here is a measured statement of God's revelation of Himself in nature (1-6) and in the written word (7-14).” Mm, yes. Thank You!

The Life Recovery Bible footnotes affirm Your presence with us (19:1-6) while also declaring the importance of Your laws. “19:7-11 Adhering to God's laws will produce wholeness in our life.” Oh, yes please Father!

Applying God's Truth revives our inner being and gives insight – even to the least of us – into how we should live. His Word is not a burden that robs us of the good things of life (see Matthew 11:29-30). Instead, it transforms us and replaces our discouragement with joy.” Mm, Your promises Lord!

And here, (International Children's Bible, verses 12-13 ) is more of Your Truth spelled out. “No one can see all his own mistakes. Forgive me for my secret sins. Keep me from the sins I want to do. Don't let them rule me. Then I can be pure and free from the greatest of sins.” Oh, indeed Father. Indeed!

I hope my words and thoughts please You. Lord, You are my Rock, the One who saves me” (14). Yes Father. Yes.

Your sky declared Your glory for me this morning. And I am so incredibly grateful. Thank You for using it to guide me in Your Word.

Truly allow my words and thoughts to please You. I confess, I'm pretty sure they have not been. Use me this day for Your good and for Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(359 words ~ 9:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment