Thursday, July 6, 2017

the smile of God

Thursday, July 6, 2017 (6:33 a.m.)
Holy God,

Hi. It's already an interesting morning. And look! I'm smiling.

Thank You God. Thank You for things that help us smile. Who would have thought that with the amount of brooding I had already done this morning that it would take a mysteriously broken egg in our back yard to remind me of Your love and care for each of us?

You are good God. All the time.

I keep getting glimpses of Your goodness. Yes. Another glimpse of goodness with God. Your goodness!

Thank You Father that we get to choose. In every event of the day. Positive? Negative. Fear? Faith. Facts. Feelings. It's all there. And we get to decide.

Thank You Father. Thank You for giving us reasons to smile. We don't have to know. Or understand. Or even care. Just be aware. Alert. Paying attention for the glimpses of Your goodness. And then smile. Sing. Stay. Stretch.

My own reminders of what it is to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And my neighbor as myself (31).

Holy God, I confess that when I try to figure any of this out I become distraught. I don't do enough. Can't be enough. And then I remember! That's why You sent Your Son. And look... another smile!

Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

I read Your Word. Reconciliation between brothers Esau and Jacob (Genesis 33:10). Your smiling presence among Your people (Psalm 44:1-7). Asaph's prayer for restoration and Your face shining down upon Your people (Psalm 80).

The Life Recovery Bible (80:9-13) affirms, “God does marvelous works for us. He frees us from bondage, removes barriers from our life, and firmly establishes us, doing all He can to help us grow and prosper spiritually.” Mm, yes!

Keep me breathing You deeply into my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength Blessed God. Ever reminding me “A cheerful heart brings a smile to your [MY] face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day” (Proverbs 15:13).

Mm, yes! A cheerful heart. The smile of God. Mm. Make that my Truth for this day Blessed God. This day that You have made. That I would TRULY rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24). Yes Holy Father please!

How I love You. And ask that You would please use me to Your good and to Your glory. Order this day and my participation in it exactly as You wish. I love You. How I thank You. Amen.
(423 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment