Wednesday, July 26, 2017

truly deighted

Friday, July 21, 2017 (6:42 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Saturday, July 22, 2017 (7:17 a.m.)
Mm, Holy God,

I’m here again. Still trying to get started.

We have a different word processing program. The look is foreign to me. And… we have ants!

Relatively minor frustrations that keep taking me closer to that proverbial edge of which I don’t wish to go over.

Father, get my focus back on You.

I watch the clock. Find a multitude of things with which to distract myself. 

Earlier in the week, I heard myself repeatedly using the word delightful. Let’s start there, shall we?

Mm, Holy God. Yes. I much prefer when I put my mind on You. I look to Your Word and am reminded that there is so very much with which I am truly delighted.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to turn to Psalm 89 (vs. 5-18) and over to 1 Thessalonians 2 (vs. 9-12). I read of all You are, as well as the encouragement the apostle Paul gave to fellow believers.

Thank You Lord for Your well documented Word which reminds us of how we are to live our lives. Praising. Rejoicing. Delighted, in You!

Holy Lord God, with every single frustration of the day (ants included) I come before You asking  that You would continue ‘holding my hand, whispering encouragement, showing me step-by-step how to live well before You, who called me into Your own kingdom, into this delightful life” (The Message, 1 Thessalonians 2:12).

Mm, yes Father. Yes. Show me ‘step-by-step how to live well before You’. That I would be truly delighted in, with, by, through and for You. I love You so much. Let that be what is obvious today.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(303 words ~ 11:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment