Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"A Fresh Newness"

Friday, July 14, 2017 (8:40 a.m.)
Mm, Most Holy God,

Thank You. We have the opportunity to move slowly this morning. Mm. Yes. Father, thank You.

How awesome to have the first place I turned in Your Word just now speak to me on so many levels. I was preparing to go in one direction and here I am instead again in Ephesians (5:15-20).

Living by the Spirit’s Power. The Life Recovery Bible tells us to “be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise.” Um ~ hello!

Yes, please, Father. Sign me up to live by the Spirit’s power.

I keep trying to do it on my own. And I fail at it miserably. A self-critical nature barrages me with reminders of mistakes, faults and failings.

Blessed, Holy God I confess to capitalizing on my own unworthiness. My tendency is to focus on and build the case against myself.

How I ASK You to empower me in living as You would have me live. Truly, I long to “make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days” (v. 16).

The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Ephesus to strengthen their relationship with You and each other. He told them, “Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants You to do. Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control You” (vs. 17-18).

Oh, yes Father. Yes!

Paul goes on to promise, “Then You will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (vs. 19-20).

Mm, yes. Lord Jesus Christ, it IS in, with, by, through and for You I long to live!

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us of Maturity in our New Testament as being “associated with reaching a goal.” It also adds, “Maturity should not be confused with perfection.”

As I consider the opportunity I have this day Blessed God, I continue quoting from this particular Theology in Brief.”Our life can be one of constant growth. Maturity is something that comes gradually and is gained through experience (cf. Hebrews 5:14).”

Reminding us that “because we can grow more and more toward Christ’s likeness, there is always a fresh newness to the life that lies ahead.” How I ask You to enable and empower me in using this day to “grow toward that maturity promised to each of us in Christ.”

I love You Lord. I thank You. And I ask You to grow me well. Thank You. Amen.
(10:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment