Tuesday, July 11, 2017

"The Whole Armor of God"

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 (7:05 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You so much. Sleep was good. Solid. Easy. Thank You.

Thank You that emotions are being sorted out. Just the right amount of anger prompted much yard work and a lot of conversation with You. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of putting on Your armor (Ephesians 6:10-20) each and every day.

Mm, yes. The Whole Armor of God! Thank You Father. Thank You the ways Your Word speaks to us. Repeatedly.

Oh yes, Father. Thank You that we are to “be strong with the Lord's mighty power” (v. 10). Your power. Not what we attempt to muscle up on our own.

Thank You for the deep contentment coursing through my being right now. A sense of ease I have been missing recently. Yes Father, thank You!

Thank You for the stomping of my feet. The growls under my breath. The tenseness in my fists. All working together to remind me that I am to not sin by letting anger gain control over me (Psalm 4:4; Ephesians 4:26).

Freedom, Father! There is SUCH freedom found in Your Word! “Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, 'You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free'” (John 8:31-32).

As I prepare to go out into this day, I ask that You would empower and enable me to “use every piece of [Your] armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle [I] will still be standing firm” (Ephesians 6:13).

Yes Father. Yes! How I ask that I would indeed be made strong in Your mighty power (v. 10). Yes. Yes. Yes!

Thank You Father. Thank You.

I love You. Use me well this day. To Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(320 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment