Friday, July 28, 2017

Planting good seeds

Friday, July 28, 2017 (7:45 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I am not behaving lovingly. I have been curt. Surly. Short. Impatient. Unloving. Mm, yes Father, I have not been experiencing the kind of fruit (Galatians 5:22-23) described by the apostle Paul to the churches in southern Galatia.

Forgive me Father. Forgive my inconsistencies. Forgive my willingness to “get tired of doing what is good” (Galatians 6:9a). I confess to ‘getting discouraged and giving up’ (9b).

I whine. Stomp. Curse. Behave very badly. Much like the “foolish [surly, stupid] child” referenced in Proverbs 17:25.

You want better from me. You deserve better from me. It is only by the Holy Spirit’s work in me that I stand a chance for growing as You would have me grow. Please, Lord. Do Your mighty work in me.

You spoke to the prophet Hosea, telling him: “Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of my love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the LORD, that He may come and shower righteousness upon you” (Hosea 10:12).

Mm, yes please Father. I will always reap what I sow (Galatians 6:7c). Surliness begets surliness. Empower and embolden me in planting good seeds. The ones that represent You well. And produce glorious, life giving fruit.

Yes Father. Yes. This I pray in Your Son’s most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(246 words ~ 10:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment