Saturday, July 29, 2017

full circle

Saturday, July 29, 2017 (6:59 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,


You are so good. Mm. Yes. Let that be my prayer to You this day.


Thank You for the way one thought (“You are so good”) leads to a song (♪God Is So Good♪). Which leads to a Bible verse (1 Chronicles 16:34). And ultimately back to the prayer (“You are so good”). Full circle.


Yes Father. Thank You that as I go to my Bible, turning once more to David’s Song of Praise (1 Chronicles 16:7-36) I am excited to again read the verse I underlined so long ago. “Search for the LORD and His strength, and keep on searching” (v. 11).


Mm, yes. And then David’s closing thoughts to Asaph, the worship leader. “Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting!” (v. 36) “From everlasting to everlasting.” Full circle.


Holy God, what would it be like for me to truly live this day completely encompassed by Your good, faithful love? Fully encircled by Your goodness. Depending on Your perfect care.


Yes Father. Let me know You better. Lean into and trust You more. Search for You and Your strength. And keep on searching. Yes please.


I love You Father. Let me serve You well this day. Singing Your praises all the day long. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(228 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment