Sunday, July 30, 2017

intimacy

Sunday, July 30, 2017 (6:51 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. The word we needed to describe our lack yesterday was intimacy. Yikes! How do I even begin to speak to You of this?

Surprisingly to me, Your Word addresses this as well. Close familiarity or friendship; closeness. Yep. In our severe lack of communication recently, closeness went right out the window.

We have been less than cordial to one another. Rather stiff. Reserved. Guarded. Unwilling to share honestly or openly.

Thank You Father that You have so much better for us than mere politeness. The Message (1 Corinthians 6:16-20) speaks of “skin on skin” intimacy and the ways it can be misused. I’m wanting to talk with You about heart to heart, soul to soul connecting.

Oh most blessed God, how I feel myself tippy-toeing around this topic with You. Let me instead fully esteem and revere You in this subject as well.

So many verses speak of the intimate relationship we get to have with You. Blessed, Holy God, how I thank You that we are free to speak of any and everything with You.

As we prepare to go out into this day, how I ask You to be our intimate companion. Guiding, directing and organizing us in exactly the things You would have us feel, be, think and do. We love You so much.

We long to serve You well. Use us as You know is best.

I am unable to choose just one verse this morning on which to cling in my desire to risk intimacy with another. Psalm 148:13-14 speaks of Israel’s children praising You and being intimate friends of Yours.

Matthew told of being intimately linked in harvest work (10:40). John quoted Jesus’ words of being the vine and the intimate, organic relation we have when joined with Him (15:5). He goes on to tell of the way God the Father loved Him the Son and of His followers making themselves intimately at home in His love (15:9-10).

At church just now we sang of no longer being slaves. Here in Galatians (4:4-7) I read that this Truth allows us intimate conversation with You. Oh yes Blessed Father, there is much intimacy described here in Your Word.

I am asking You to teach me to wear it well. Sullenness and withdrawal does not look at all attractive on me. I want to be Your good and faithful servant. Looking to You and reflecting Your love back to others. Make it so Blessed God. Make it so.

2 Peter 1:3-4 tells us not to put off getting to know You, personally and intimately. Paul told the Ephesians (4:30) not to grieve You. Not to break Your heart. “His Holy Spirit, moving and breathing in you, is the most intimate part of your life, making you fit for Himself. Don’t take such a gift for granted.” Yes please!

Yes, Father. Yes! I long for more intimacy in my life.

The apostle Paul closed a letter to the Corinthians (2 Cor. 13:14) with this blessing, “The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.” Oh, yes please!

Work Your holy gift of intimacy into every aspect of our relationship. Show us once again how to be completely honest, open and willing with one another. I love You Father. Let that absolute Truth be readily seen by others.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(600 words ~ 10:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment