Saturday, July 8, 2017

and mean it!

Saturday, July 8, 2017 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

I love You. I want to thank You... and mean it. I really do.

Circumstances and situations seem to be negatively intensified by the heat. I find myself grumping and grousing just because I'm hot.

Forgive me Father. You bless us profoundly. Truly, I am grateful. Keep working in me to be more like the teachings of Paul.

He “learned the secret of contentment in every situation” (Philippians 4:12). He charged the believers in Thessalonica to “give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Yes Father, I am asking You to continue empowering me in doing this... and mean it!

James told the early believers (James 1:2-4) “Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.” Yes please!

The common denominator in all this? Your power. Your Son. Your Spirit.

Father, I love You. I do. And I am grateful. Really, truly I am. Keep working in me. Guiding. Teaching. Empowering. Enabling me to be and feel and think and do (Mark 12:30-31) all that You have for me.

Thank You. Bless You. Praise You. I mean it! Thank You. Amen.

(231 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment