Wednesday, July 5, 2017

filled with emotion

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 (6:40 a.m.)
Holy God,

I keep getting tears. Not a lot. A few here. Some there. Enough to know that I want to spend some serious time here with You Blessed God.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to come here. Filled with emotion. Truly searching Your Word.

I love when I come upon a verse I haven't considered before. Today it's Psalm 56:8. The Message, “You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in Your ledger, each ache written in Your book.”

Thank You that everywhere I turn this morning I am reminded that “The symbolism of a record book expresses that God knows everything about people” (The Learning Bible 40.7 the book). Oh, yes Blessed God!

I read. I hope. I pause. Tear up. Read more. Hope more...

The Life Recovery Bible footnote (Psalm) 56:8-13, “As we keep our thoughts focused on God and trust Him, we will find, as the psalmist did, that God is on our side. Even when our struggles are most difficult, God knows our pain, and He will do His part.”

I don't have to waste time figuring out what exactly is “wrong” with me. And then trying desperately to “fix” it. No! I get to trust and hope in YOU! Your plan. Your promises. Your Word.

Continuing with the footnote, “We, however, must fulfill our responsibilities of being obedient to God's revealed will. His program is always best for us in the long run.” Yes!

Today, last week, I have been filled with tearful emotion. Change persists. Nothing stays the same. And I get to practice being grateful. Content. Trustful. Believing that You know exactly all You are doing.

Thank You Blessed God. Thank You that “There are three things that will endure – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthian 13:13).

Yes Blessed God. Thank You for Your love. Your hope. And for collecting my tears in Your bottle. I love You. Use me this day EXACTLY as You wish. I love You. I thank You. Amen!
(357 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment