Monday, July 31, 2017

gladdened

Monday, July 31, 2017 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Evidently I am not yet fully awake. I’ve already made mistakes. Nothing drastic. Just annoying.

Thank You that I can turn to You; asking that You would gladden my heart. Mm, yes, Father. Oh that my heart would be gladdened. And it is!

There’s a smile on my face. Snippets of music truly add to the gladdening of my heart. Thank You Father!

Thank You that as we prepare to go out into the day I have Proverbs 18:20 on which to reflect. Here from The Message, “Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest.”

New Living Translation, “Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction.” Mm. Wise words. Satisfaction. Yes, please.

The Voice says it this way, “Good words satisfy like a fine meal; yes, good conversations are sure to satisfy.” Yes, Father. How I ask You to make my words good, wise, satisfying.

Just the hope of having my mind satisfied helps change my thinking from feeling annoyed to being please, gratified, gladdened. Thank You Father.

Use us this day to Your good and to Your glory. We love You.

How we ask You to keep our words good, wise and satisfying. And our hearts gladdened as we go. Yes, please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(229 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment