Wednesday, July 26, 2017

fine and good

Thursday, July 13, 2017 (6:45 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Happy my mom’s birthday. Thank You for her fine and good example of life.

Oh! Look at all the unexpected tears just rushing to the forefront of my being. My eyes, of course. But also my throat. And clenched teeth. Tightened shoulders. Quivering chin. Runny nose. All working together to ward off the fall out.

Thank You Father! Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You for the work You continue doing in me. Thank You that I can take the deep breaths. Heave the heavy sighs. Settle my countenance. And smile!

In my most recent quest to no longer fake fine, I again look to You. To Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. And the hope we find herein.

Thank You most Blessed Holy God. Thank You for the section of Scripture that prompted this outpouring of emotion in the first place.

Deuteronomy 6 A Call for Wholehearted Commitment Love for God: 6:1-25. Things going well for her children and grandchildren (v.3 The Message) is DEFINITELY what this woman longed for.

Lord, thank You for her teachings and commitment to loving us that ultimately led us to You.

Yes Father. Thank You for this fine, good woman. Empower and enable me to using Your love to honor her (Exodus 20:12) and YOU this day.

How I thank You and praise You. Amen.
(7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment